Your world tour bag is the first purchase to pack all your belongings. Good news, we explain everything so you can make the right choice.
When traveling, your best friend is your bag. One without the other, you are nothing.
Choosing the right bag for travel
First of all, you have to know that there are several schools for choosing your Tour du monde bag:
- The school “Chilleurs” will prefer the suitcase : resistant and allows to fold his things but impossible to transport especially on sand
- The “Quechua Ultras” will not choose anything for the world anything but their hiking bag : Very comfortable to wear, however, it requires all to go out to get the sock that hangs in the bottom.
- Finally, the “opportunistic adventurers” experiment the Traveler hybrid bag : suitable for carrying for the back everything, it also allows to open fully to have a view of all the business. It has multiple pockets of all sizes to better organize you. In addition, and like many backpacks, you will have compression straps to properly maintain your business and start at the best the weight of the travel bag. Therefore, it is on the latter that our choice is worn and for the moment, we are not at all disappointed.
[table id=”2″ /]
Choose the size of your travel bag
In order to choose the size of your travel bag, you must first calculate the weight. Indeed, the bigger your bag, the more you will tend to fill it …
Then use the simple rule of 15% (20% with all of your bags) that allows you to calculate, depending on your body size, both what you can wear, but most importantly, the weight needed to preserve your back.
As a result, the total weight of your bag (loaded) should not exceed 15% of your weight. Be careful because with your cabin bag or DayPack you should not exceed 20%.
- If you weigh 75 kilos = your bag must be 11 kilos + 4 kilos for the daypack
- If you weigh 65 kilos = your bag must be 10 kilos + 3 kilos for the daypack
Let’s say it, it’s theory ^^. Concerning us, it’s a failure. We are more around 26% than 20% but this is not an example to follow. However, for our defense, because of our “status” of digital nomads, it seems very complicated to follow this rule (because of the heavy equipment).
THE bag for her – Model DEUTER TRAVELER 60 + 10 L
THE bag for him – Model DEUTER TRAVELER 70 + 10 L
[table id=”3″ /]
Tips for storing your bag
Our first test bag was first done as we used to store our things in a wardrobe … result = CATASTROPHE (see below, despite the toiletry bag and a bag of clothes that were outside, the bag did not close at all and he was ready to explode). So let’s say it’s not a magic wand that turned it into a compact bag but just 3 simple folding techniques.
The bags to compartmentalize
First, to find your belongings easily, to get them out and to get them in without having to pull everything together, the bags to compartmentalize are just perfect. Moreover, they weigh absolutely nothing. For example, we put all our pants / shorts / T-shirts in one compartment and the underwear in another. Convenient when you arrive at the GuestHouse or in any room, no need to undo everything.
The compression bags
Then there is the compression bag. It is on the same principle as the duvet bag which reduces volume with the vacuum cleaner (while it is used without)! This compression bag is very simple to use:
- first, choose bulky and hot or cold clothes that you will not wear depending on the season
- then fold them in the bag
- thirdly, close the bag and crush it to get the air out
- finally, once empty of its area, close the valve and enjoy
Result: Space saving and optimized storage!
FORCLAZDecathlon 25L Compression Waterproof Case $ 19
Before and after compression = 40% additional space saving
Have you ever made sushi ??! If so, then you probably already know how to do it, if not, do not panic, we explain. The goal is first to fold the garment, and then to make a nice little roll. It works with everything, so abuse: t-shirt, jeans, underpants.
Finally, here is a small explanatory video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84LtRsstGl8
Finally with the habit, the bags are easily rebuilt. You probably know Tetris? Well, it’s the same.
Finally, here is the result
Our comparison of the best travel bags
[table id=”4″ /]
IT'S YOUR TURN TO PLAY!
Here you are now ready to choose your bag and go to new horizons. Whether for a world tour bag or a travel bag, you have the cards in hand. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask us a comment, we will be happy to help you.